Thursday 16 June 2011

Writing is.....



This blog meme has been handed to me by the lovely Patricia from Journey Through the Pages. It's simply, Writing is.....

I'm not sure where to start with this. I've never really considered where I stand with writing or what it means to me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love doing it. I'm adoring watching my novel progress and I can't imagine walking away from it, or any of the future ones that are already invading my head space.

My head is constantly filled with thoughts and ideas about where to take my characters next or what their personalities are like. But saying that, I'm not one of those writers who say they would die if they couldn't write.

I suppose Its that I haven't thought that much about not writing, so I don't come out with such dramatic sentences. Writing is something I do and something I love doing. I will continue to do it. Even if this book doesn't make it, I will write the next one. I don't feel compelled to write them, it's just there. I have laptop, will write. Simples.

I now have to pass this Meme on to three fellow bloggers. They are;

Talli Roland 
Lindsay at Tiptoe Kisses and
Katie at Reading, Writing and Life


9 comments:

  1. Lovely idea for a meme because you know everybody's responses will be different. Writing is such a personal thing.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie - You're right, we all have a different take on writing. Whatever the differences, none of them are wrong. It's personal and you have to do what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this meme too.:)
    I like your take on it. It's like- breathing to you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! And I'm flattered that you named me. I'll have to start thinking about this - I can tell right now it's going to take a lot of thought:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that - have laptop, will write. It's great to love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on this as well. This is a great idea for a meme, I'm looking forward to reading what others come up with. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. Writing is a part of my life and will continue to be - even when it's just kinda humming along in the background waiting for me to return to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you Rebecca. I'm grateful that I've been blessed with writing in my life. It is part of each and every day--short stories, novels, essays, blog posts. Happy writing to you and to all the other writers out there reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruchirra - It is like breathing :) Thanks Ruchirra

    Lindsay - I look forward to seeing your responses :)

    Connie - Thanks. It's just came to me as I was typing up the blog post. It's simply how I feel, though I never seem to get enough time to do so.

    Julie - It is a great little meme isn't it. A simple start for people to take it where ever. :)

    J.L - It's always humming along. Sometimes I just can't get it to switch off though!

    Margaret - It's a lovely thing to be a part of our lives isn't it. I'm so glad I have it now.

    ReplyDelete