Wednesday 14 December 2011

Wish I Was Here


Todays blog post is a bit of an escapism post. It's about sharing your ideal place for escaping the mid December madness. The post is in celebration of Janice Hortons release of her eBook Reaching For The Stars.

In the book, the main character Chef Finn McDuff feels he’s had enough of all the food campaigns, the TV cookery shows, the constant frenzy surrounding his private life and disappears into a self-imposed exile for a while. Hence the theme of the launch day extravaganza is ‘Wish I Was Here...’



So where do I was I was?

Surprisingly it's not some hot, quiet, getaway island. The place I would love to be as is the top of my list for places to go is New York. And what better time to visit than the run up to Christmas. You could easily get lost there and simply enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the big city. I want to walk in Central Park and eat in a cheesecake shop. I want to walk amongst the towering buildings and watch the craziness of the yellow cabs. I want to visit the statue of liberty and go on the Staten Island Ferry. With everything I want to lose myself in over there, I think I need the rest of December!



Where do you wish you could be?

Visit Janice's Blog to see fellow bloggers ideal destinations.

8 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to read this post because I got hung on the word cheesecake! New York would be a great place to go - a friend of mine is going for New Year, and I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, New York. The place I secretly think exists only in films :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest grandson is going to New York next year with the school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York, New York, - wow - the city that never sleeps! It does sound exciting doesn't it? I love to watch movies set in NY and must admit to a facination for it but it also looks a tad terrifying to a country girl like me. I hope you go there and I hope when you get back you'll tell me all about it (and the cheesecake lol!)
    This is an excellent 'Wish I Was Here...' post and thanks for your support!
    Love, Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd rather visit Chicago than New York. Either one you can visit Cheesecake Factories and eat delicious cheesecake. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a blogfest, and congrats to Janice on the release of her book. It sounds like a great story and I'm going to have to check it out.

    This post brought back great memories for me as I went to New York at Christmas time a few years ago, and it really was a magical trip. I didn't eat in a cheesecake shop though so now I'm kind of annoyed with myself and thinking I need to go back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping to go to Canada in 2012, and cross into Seattle for a day. New York is tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annalisa - I love cheesecake! I think I might need to be be packed in your friends suitcase!

    Sarah - I hope to one day find out :)

    Melanie - What an amazing experience for him. I hope he's planning on taking his camera.

    Janice - It does seem to be a massive overwhelming place, but I want to be able to spend some time there and take it all in at some sort of relaxed pace. A stunning place.

    Patricia - Chicago is also on my Bucket list, but I'm afraid New York beats it to the top for me.

    Julie - You definitely need to go back if you didn't make it to a cheesecake shop!

    I downloaded Janice's book yesterday and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Glynis - A friend of mine has visited Canada and loved it. A beautiful place. That's the problem isn't it. Too many wonderful places to see in the world and not enough time to see them. Have a fabulous time in Canada and I hope to see some pics on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete