Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday Walk

Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't do exercise and I don't do walking. Yes, I know both are good for you and I really should, but I just can't seem to summon the enthusiasm for either.

Anyway, as today was a glorious looking day, bright blue skies and dry, I decided we should, as a family, take Bob the dog for a long walk in our nearest woods. As you know, I feel physically and mentally sluggish at this time of year, so this seemed like a good idea to start shaking the sluggishness off.

I took my painkillers as my hip was already niggling me, wrapped us all up and set off.

It really was beautiful.









I took lots of photographs. Little man loved the trees and kept pointing out things I should be taking photos of. We were really lucky and came across a man out working his bird of prey. Stunning.





Bob loved the change in her daily walk.



We walked for about an hour and a half and I was flagging at the end, but I really enjoyed it and have even suggested we make it a regular Sunday morning thing.

I wonder if I'll regret that idea.

What do you love to do on a Sunday morning?

15 comments:

  1. Even though I know you'll be tired, it sounded such a wonderful morning! And what a treat to see a bird of prey so close. Photos are great. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics, Rebecca, and stunning dog too! Thanks for sharing them both with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photos - and you're so lucky to live near such beautiful woods! Sunday morning is lazy for us - breakfast in bed - followed by (usually, if nobody is coming over) some writing time and then more often than not a long walk (about as long as yours was) across the fields from Dedham, a village near us, to Flatford - where John Constable painted and had a cottage - and back. It's long enough to blow away the cobwebs and justify a big roast dinner in the evening! Glad you had a lovely walk - hope your hip doesn't ache too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in work in Belfast and in a stuffy old office to book but every other Friday (I work 9 days a fortnight), I drive 70 miles west to the lovely forest park of Gortin. There's forest for miles, lakes and hills and its simply a place where my soul comes alive again. Funny, the other day I smelled fresh cut grass would you believe, for the first time in ages it made me feel dizzy. Smell, they say, is the strongest affecting sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos! I feel I've been on that walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bird is something else and the walk looks worth it. I hope you do the Sunday thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos!

    Sunday morning is great for reading the newspaper and dawdling over an extra cup of coffee. I like to "explore" on Sunday afternoons, looking for a new sight, event, or experience.

    I am looking forward to the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much as I love walking and being outside in the fresh air, I often find it difficult to get myself out from the warmth of the house at this time of year. But once I get out whether it's walking or gardening I always feel so much better for it. It's good to have a routine for walking, keep it up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pictures. What a lovely walk to share. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunday morning is my only sleep in morning, so I don't have a ritual. But I'm a big fan of walking around the city, so I try to walk on the weekends when we go out. If it's not too cold...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hit "enter" too fast. I meant to say I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures Rebecca. I'm like you with the whole exercise and walking thing. My excuse is that it's too hilly round here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want a pet falcon! My sunday mornings usually include sleeping, waking up at 11, and then fiddling around on the internet. Yay internet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So did you do it again today I wonder. We hardly ever walk now we no longer have the dog. They make a walk complete. (Our cat just stood on this keyboard and I had to delete about ten lines of cat-typing before I could post this up!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I love the photo of the falcon. How awesome! Bob is a really cute dog too, I bet she did love your walk. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete